Sunday, September 16, 2012

Day 283

In my circles, discussions of why it's good to keep work at work, separate from life - or, sometimes, why that's not good - comes up a lot. For better or worse, my "work" and "life" have always been intertwined. (Most markedly when I'm freelancing full-time: then, I do laundry and go for runs during the day between interviews, which leaves me writing and editing at 1 a.m.)

But lately, my work and family lives are in some ways synergizing on parallel tracks. It's actually kinda cool.

At work, I'm on a team that's developing (delicious!) nutritionally balanced meal plans. At home, I'm trying to create a system of rotating healthy menus that are actually doable for our chaotic schedules. (Joanne: Stay tuned.) 


Stuffed!

At work, I'm establishing my next-year's goals - setting aims that are just out of reach so that I can grow and contribute to growth. At home, I'm drafting lists of little-boy responsibilities that will help channel outbursts of "itching for independence" into pride and confidence. That's big-time growth.

Jules, proud to be Jon's painting apprentice.

At work, I'm collaborating with colleagues to figure out efficiencies that will make everyone happier and more sane. At home, I'm collaborating with Jon to figure out efficiencies that will make everyone happier and more sane. 

Guess I'm not a compartmentalized kind of girl... 


No comments:

Post a Comment