Every year, I set resolutions on my birthday. It gives me a head start on the New Year's thing... and it makes more sense to me. For example, in my mind, I think, "I ran my first marathon when I was 26" (wow! a decade ago)...
Here are a few of the goals for my 36th year:
- Conquer fear of driving (Tackling Montreal. Then Boston, then NYC)
- Run a 10K in TK minutes (still working on the goal - but it's going to be faster than a 9:15 minute mile!)
- Learn to sew. How cool is this place, Nido? First project: Pimp bathrobes for the boys.
- Plan an awesome party (this is more specific that it sounds).
- Reflect upon something for which I'm grateful every single day. Here's today's:
PS: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going to try to be a nicer person, work out, quit eating dried fruit as if I'm still nursing a baby 8 times a day and need an extra 600 calories, read more, yada yada - but I'm ALWAYS aiming to do that stuff...