Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 1

Today is my 36th birthday  and, if all goes well, I get 365 more days of being 36 because 2012 is a leap year. Since I'm into number-y things, I think this is pretty cool - all these 3's and multiples of it. (3*4 = 12... there are 4 people in my family and one of them is 3 years old. We have 3 pets.) I could go on and on...

Every year, I set resolutions on my birthday. It gives me a head start on the New Year's thing... and it makes more sense to me. For example, in my mind, I think, "I ran my first marathon when I was 26" (wow! a decade ago)...

Here are a few of the goals for my 36th year:

  • Conquer fear of driving (Tackling Montreal. Then Boston, then NYC)
  • Run a 10K in TK minutes (still working on the goal - but it's going to be faster than a 9:15 minute mile!)
  • Learn to sew. How cool is this place, Nido? First project: Pimp bathrobes for the boys. 
  • Plan an awesome party (this is more specific that it sounds).
  • Reflect upon something for which I'm grateful every single day. Here's today's:



PS: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm going to try to be a nicer person, work out, quit eating  dried fruit as if I'm still nursing a baby 8 times a day and need an extra 600 calories, read more, yada yada - but I'm ALWAYS aiming to do that stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment