Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 112 - 113


Kai and I, we've got mad skills. We can communicate telepathically. 

Exhibit A, tonight at bedtime: 
Here's what I was thinking (as he curled his no-longer-tiny bod into mine, his head resting just under my chin): He still fits, but barely. I'm just going to hold him until he falls asleep. And then keep at it. The dishes can wait. Actually, Jon's doing them. I'm going to relish these sweet snuggly moments. They're numbered. 

So I'm thinking this...

And here's what Kai said: "I wanna more to rock." (That's five words, yo, never mind that they're in some sort of random order. Also, he took his thumb out of his mouth to say them.) He was feeling the love. He wanted to keep snuggling in the rocking chair. Or maybe he was reliving our pre-dinner dance party, hoping to rock out to Mos Def again. PS: You gotta watch this performance of "Quiet Dog" on Letterman. PPS: It's Mos Def. Not Kai and me. 


My friend Kristen wonders whether Kai's fresh haircut
is keeping him from properly rocking out.
It's a look, KB - it's a look.  :-)


1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love this. I live these very moments in the rocking chair. Telepathy is awesome.

    ReplyDelete