Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 91

So we're putting a kabosh on buying things, making do with what we have, learning to live on less. We're also making a huge effort to cut back on clutter. Jon and I are approaching this effort as a fun and exciting experiment. But can we really exist without paper towels--or at least without Costo cases of them? And where do we draw the line? Use up the dozens of half-full (and Olin dares to call me pessimist!) shampoos, lotions and other potions scattered in drawers, cabinets and Dopp kits around the house? Absolutely. Stand strong on not buying any new shampoo and, when we run out, head to the YMCA showers to borrow the pine-scented green goop? Probably not. But a purge of just one drawer (and half of another) today suggests that this initiative may not but as difficult as I first imagined.

I think we'll manage just fine with the stash of stuff we've been squirreling around the house. Here's what I mean...



Happy birthday to you? And you, you and you?

My contacts are disposable. This situation is ridiculous.

Lest you think that I'm obsessed with fighting germs... all
of my antibacterial weapons are sitting dormant in drawers (and
probably in abandoned diapers bags too)... 

And yet we all have chapped lips...

Hey, I read journal articles for a living... 
Seriously, though, if you're looking for a highlighter or a contact case, I'm your girl... 


No comments:

Post a Comment