Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day 98

In the spirit of "if you don't have anything nice to say..." I offer you this short list of things for which I was/am grateful today:

1. This man, who showed me exactly how to sharpen a knife. This exercise was critical in being able to chop the butternut squash for tomorrow night's dinner.
2. That I was able to fit in a 4-mile mind-clearing run.
3. That despite an incredibly awful-sounding cough and midday concern that it might be more, Julian's lungs look "fabulous." (His ears not so much -  but they don't seem to be bothering him.)
4. The bedside manner of the doc who delivered #3 news. (That she, too, has two boys, aged 4 and 2, does not surprise me.)
5. Jon's dealing with the messy kitchen while I wrap up work.
6. Kai's smooches, which lately he's been planting - with fully pursed lips and a complementary "I love you" - about every 7 seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment